October 3, 2023 6:36 AM
We are looking for a Senior Medical Receptionist / Senior Patient Services Officer to join our friendly Northam team. This position will work closely with the Operations Manager to ensure that the Northam and Aboriginal Health Practices run efficiently. The role will support the Operations Manager by overseeing the reception staff on a day-to-day basis.
An opportunity to take an administrative leadership role within the Wheatbelt Health Network to help deliver excellence and consistency in health services. You may choose to live in the Northam area or commute from Perth (approx. 50 mins driving time from Midland).
What's In It For You
• Working with a vibrant team aligned with providing the best patient experience possible and outcomes.
• Close knit supportive team.
• Flexible work hours/days may be possible.
• Salary sacrificing plan available.
• Greet clients courteously and efficiently.
• Answer phone calls, schedule appointments, and manage the appointment diary (including online bookings)
• Maintain accurate and up to date patient records.
• Provide administrative support as required.
• Oversee the day-to-day routine administration and reception functions including the processing of Medicare and private billings.
• Support, train, and guide Patient Services Officers and be a champion for excellent customer care.
• Monitor and achieve key performance indicators.
• Assist management with the development, implementation, and co-ordination of effective and efficient administrative and data collection systems.
• Assist management with reporting requirements.
• Maintain knowledge of Occupational Health & Safety, infection control and quality improvement processes and ensure compliance from other team members.
You will be a good fit if you have:
• Exceptional customer service skills
• High level of written & oral communication skills with attention to detail and accuracy.
• Previous industry experience.
• Previous experience in office management beneficial.
• Ability to work as part of a multifaceted team and independently.
• Ability to multi-task and prioritise.
• Problem solving skills & the ability to share solutions to common problems.
• A high level of computer literacy (Email, Internet, Microsoft Office). Be able to learn new software programs i.e. MMEX and Nookal.
• A knowledge of our clinical information system Best Practice would be an advantage but not essential.
• A current Police Clearance, Working with Children Certificate, WA Driver’s Licence and must be fully vaccinated for Covid-19
Apply with your resume/CV to [email protected]