Wheatbelt Health Network provides GP and Nursing services in Northam and Narrogin to provide end to end services to the Aboriginal Community.
Wheatbelt Health Network also manage a ITC and Outreach program.
What is Aboriginal Outreach?
The team works with local Aboriginal people and communities in the region to access a range of health services to reduce the burden of chronic disease as part of the Closing the Gap Program.
What is the ITC Program?
The Integrated Team Care (ITC) program is able to assist people with chronic disease to access specialist and allied health services and manage their disease.
ITC will provide clients of the program with a dedicated Coordinator who will work with GP, the practice nurse, other community services and allied health professionals.
Who can use this service?
This program is open to Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people who have one of the following chronic diseases:
- cardiovascular disease
- chronic respiratory disease
- chronic renal disease
How can the Care Coordinator assist you?
- Help to plan your allied health provider appointments
- Update your GP about your progress
- Organise client transport for appointments
- Provide information and support about your chronic condition
- Show you how to access other support services such as telehealth
- Encourage and support self-management
What do I need to do?
- See your GP for a referral to the ITC program & have a current GP Management Plan in place
Wheatbelt Health Network acknowledges WA Primary Health Alliance (WAPHA) for providing funding in its role as the operator of the Country WA PHN.