Wheatbelt Health Network provides GP and Nursing services in Northam and Narrogin to the Aboriginal Community.
Wheatbelt Health Network also manage a Integrated Team Care (ITC) and Outreach program in the Coastal, Eastern and Western Wheatbelt areas.
What is Aboriginal Outreach?
The team works with local Aboriginal people and communities in the region to access a range of health services to reduce the burden of chronic disease as part of the Closing the Gap Program.
What is the ITC Program?
The ITC program assists people with chronic disease to access specialist and allied health services and manage their disease.
ITC will provide clients of the program with a dedicated Coordinator who will work with GP, the practice nurse, specialists, other community services and allied health professionals.
- Is Aboriginal, or Torres Strait Islander, or Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander
- Has chronic illness and complex health needs
- Has a GP Management Plan
- Has an ITC Referral
How can the Care Coordinator assist you?
- Help to plan your allied health provider appointments
- Update your GP about your progress
- Organise client transport for specialist appointments
- Provide information and support about your chronic condition
- Show you how to access other support services such as telehealth
- Encourage and support self-management
What do I need to do?
- See your GP for a referral to the ITC program & have a current GP Management Plan in place
For more information
If you would like to contact the ITC team:
Phone: 9621 4444
Wheatbelt Health Network acknowledges WA Primary Health Alliance (WAPHA) for providing funding in its role as the operator of the Country WA PHN.